If you have an Instagram account and you follow anyone with even the slightest interest in fitness, you’ve probably seen #TransformationTuesday posts on there. I love seeing these posts, I find transformation stories incredibly inspiring! The success of others motivates me to continue pursuing my own goals and to continue sharing my own story to help others keep reaching for their goals.
I’ve come a long way physically, but there is so much more to a transformation story than just the changing size and appearance. A few years ago, I would never have made it through some of the training weekends I’ve gone through over the past 2 years of learning various group fitness programs to teach. I just did my 5th MOSSA fitness training over this past weekend and it was amazing and challenging and 4 years ago, I would have given up after the first hour. So, I wanted to share some of the non-scale and non-appearance benefits of regular fitness that I’ve experienced.
- My stamina is so much higher, I can physically do more and push myself harder than I ever could have imagined.
- Along with stamina, my overall energy levels are significantly better than ever before.
- The way I look at food has changed. Food can be delicious and it’s fun to enjoy delicious food, but food is fuel for my body and I want to give it the best I can and not starve myself.
- My stress levels are reduced and when I start to feel anxiety or stress creeping up, I know how to cope better and not just reach for food as comfort.
- My perception of exercise has changed, I don’t look at it as a chore, it’s an important part of staying healthy.
- The way I see myself has changed. Not just in how I look, but the way I would describe myself as a person and the level of pride in the things I’ve accomplished is much better than it was a few years ago.
- My confidence is so much better, I believe in myself more and don’t worry as much about how others perceive me.
- The biggest thing I’ve gained along the way is an outlet for helping others! I’ve always known I wanted to work in a field where I got to help others improve their lives and through group fitness, personal training, and 1-on-1 coaching I’ve been able to have an impact in the lives of others in a way that is so fulfilling for me
So, enjoy all the #TransformationTuesday posts on Instagram and Twitter… but remember when looking at your own transformation that your story is even more important than the change in appearance!